1. Turn Auto Keying on and off. Click the little key icon to the right of the timeline. Red is on, black is off.
2. Move a Key. Shift + Left Click on a key. Let go. Click and drag on the inner set of arrows to move it to its new location. When you're done, click somewhere else in the timeline to cancel out of the move/scale mode. Be careful not to click the outer set of arrows. Those will scale yer keys. That's bad (for now).
3. Copy a Key. Right Click on a key and choose Copy from the fly-out menu.
4. Paste a Key. After copying a key, right click the frame into which you'd like to paste your copied keyframe. Choose Paste > Paste from the fly-out menu. Beware not to just click paste and let go. There are two pastes you have to choose. It's Maya, remember.
5. Change Playback Range. Enter new numbers in the inner set of boxes 'neath the timeline.
6. Change overall animation length. Enter new numbers in the outer set of boxes 'neath the timeline.